skip to Main Content

Waite Endurance Forums Base Builder Program Race prep for a multi-day event

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ame88
    Participant

Hi Cody, I am finishing the remote base builder plan and planning to do a 7-day MTB trip (not a race) in mid-September. It’s “bikepacking light,” since we will be staying in huts (and don’t have to bring sleeping gear), but it is at altitude and covers 3000-4000′ of climbing a day off-road. I was thinking of getting the 12-week ultramarathon MTB race prep plan and repeating it twice. Is that the best way for me to prepare? I do have one other B+ event planned for mid-June — at 60-mile MTB fondo near Lake Tahoe.
    Thanks!

Cody Waite
    Participant

Sounds like a great trip!!

Yes I think you’re right on track with the Ultra-MTB Race Prep Plan and repeating it twice.
    I would suggest taking a recovery week (3-4 days off and 2-3 easy/fun rides, within one week) the week after finishing Base Builder. This will refresh you mentally & physically.
    Then plug in the Race Prep Plan and work towards your B+ event. Sounds like that will line up just about right?
    Then take another recovery week (as mentioned above the week after that event).
    Then plug in the Race Prep a second time with it ending on your Hut Trip start date. That should have you building plenty of endurance while maintaining all your higher intensity aerobic gains all summer long!!
    Thanks for the question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.