skip to Main Content

Waite Endurance Forums Base Builder Program Training zone calulator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smacca
    Participant

Hello
    I’m completing the 18wk base builder program remotely.

When I downloaded the training zone calculator (microsoft excel document) it contained two sheets. I’m not too sure which sheet I should use. While both look familiar, each one produces different HR zones when I input my data from the test session.

For example in the first sheet there is a box called ‘max HR’ and it appears I am to put in my highest HR from the test session. My highest was 179bpm. That calculated a AeT HR 143 and a AnT HR of 161.
    The second sheet asks for the ‘peak HR’ from the test. When I enter 179, it gives me a max HR of188, a AeT HR of 150 and a AnT HR of 169.

Is the first sheet is for the initial test and the second one for additional testing?
    If so, is it expected your AeT HR will change midway through base training?

Thanks

Cody Waite
    Participant

Thanks for the question!
    I think you may have found an older spreadsheet that has not been removed from the plan. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I believe the first on is the one you want to use. The more recent spreadsheet includes data entry boxes for 20:00 AeT power and 4:00 & 1:00 Anaerobic Power.

The older version we used a 2:00 Anaerobic Power test as well, but since determined that was unnecessary.

Hope that clears things up!

Cody Waite
    Participant

Thanks for the question!
    I think you may have found an older spreadsheet that has not been removed from the plan. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I believe the first on is the one you want to use. The more recent spreadsheet includes data entry boxes for 20:00 AeT power and 4:00 & 1:00 Anaerobic Power.

The older version we used a 2:00 Anaerobic Power test as well, but since determined that was unnecessary.

Hope that clears things up!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.